If you have found your dream home and are starting to think about putting your property on the market, there is much to consider. There are many properties on the market in all Australian cities, which very much favours the buyer and you should present your property in the best possible light, thus improving the chances of a quick sale. Here are a few tips on preparing to sell your home.
- Finding the best real estate agent – This is not an in issue, as with an online search, you can compare real estate agents with Localagentfinder, using their online platform that brings you essential performance data that makes it easy to see who the high-flyers are. You can also make contact with any real estate agent from this website, which gives you a one-stop solution to sourcing a good real estate agent and having them list your home. This is a nationwide network that covers over 30,000 suburbs and it tells you essential information about each and every agent, allowing you to make an informed decision, while the service is also free to the homeowner.
- Home Staging – This is a very effective way to get a quick sale and real estate agents have associations with home staging specialists, who would offer a range of packages, depending on your budget. If you think it is worth a few hundred dollars to quickly find a buyer, then home staging might be the best way forward, as it does boost the kerb appeal of your home. Retiling the bathroom or kitchen would certainly make your home more attractive to a potential buyer, so do consider investing in improvements if they are needed.
- Professional Photographer – The real estate agent should have their own property photographer to take images of the property for the online listing. Many agents offer virtual property viewings that allow the potential buyer to take a virtual tour of the property, so do ask your chosen agent if they offer this service. The property description should be written by a content writer, ensuring a professional presentation.
- Prepare your Response to Offers – Don’t wait until someone makes an offer, decide in your own mind what your bottom-line price will be and when an offer comes in, you won’t need to spend time thinking about it. Some people are in no hurry to sell, while for others, the sale of their home is what will enable them to relocate.
- Fixed Fee Real Estate Agents – When looking at real estate agents, choose one that has a fixed fee, rather than a commission rate. This means that you won’t have a nasty surprise when the property is sold and you can calculate your costs accurately, knowing how much you have to pay the agent when a sale is confirmed.
- Calculate your Costs – Aside from the real estate agent’s fees, there will be other expenses such as tax and stamp duty and let’s not forget the moving expenses that are shortly to follow. You may have legal costs from your lawyer and possibly building repairs that were needed to put the house on the market.
You do need to be switched on when selling real estate and if you heed the above advice, you should sell your home quickly and then you can move onto the next exciting chapter of your life.